Kick Start Your Metabolism!

Here are some easy tips for waking up your metabolism!

Breakfast doesn’t get enough credit. Your breakfast choices will either support you, or drag you through your day. A common mistake is skipping breakfast. Regardless of quantity or quality of your previous day food choices, you need to refuel.

Choose a protein/fiber packed breakfast (nuts, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal). Eat natural sugars, such as fruit and organic honey. Eating a healthy breakfast will also lay the ground work for a healthier day.

Next stock up on your Omega 3s. Fatty acids reduce our bodies risk of obesity. They also, improve blood sugar, insulin levels, and they even fight hunger cravings. Omega 3s can be found in tuna, salmon, walnuts, eggs, and flax seed oil. You can also take supplements.

Keep your body moving during the day. Do yoga! Your body and mind will thank you.

Enjoy a peaceful cup of Green tea. Green tea aids digestion and strengths our immune systems, while controlling blood sugar. Tea also helps us stay hydrated which is probably the best advice I can give. Drink lots of water!! Water helps our skin and keeps our bodies functioning properly.

Did you know when your dehydrated your metabolism slows down and goes into “storing mode?” This is when our bodies begin to store our calories as they would if we just stopped eating. Which is why snacking on small meals through out the day is important. This tells our bodies there is more coming, so keep burning! Try to snack healthy. I like dried organic peeled fruits.

Lastly, slow it down at night. I've been trying to stop eating by 8pm, to let my body fully recharge for the next day. I find I make healthier food choices during the day. I’ve also noticed this improves my yoga practices because I feel more balanced instead of undigested and jet-lagged.

Tip of the Week:

Get some sleep!

Sleep is the best meditation. My boxer, Banks agrees!