Positive Affirmations and True Authentic Happiness!


This week in yoga Tara and I talked about having a positive outlook on life. It’s important to find a balance between empathy towards another, and jumping on the “Negative Nancy” bandwagon.

Have you ever talked a friend through all of their problems, just to make them feel better, but it made you feel worse? You feel like you’ve made so many similarity comparisons, in an attempt to comfort them, that now you feel awful. When does supportive compassion, turn into a shift of negative emotions?

CPY’s facebook page is constantly posting positive affirmations. I love these updates! I even have a “Positive Thinking Bowl, filled with positive quotes for the day. These quotes stop me wherever I am in my thought process, and remind me to return to my authentic self, and be HAPPY!

Spirit Junkie is one of my favorite books. Author Gabrielle Bernstein talks about the loyal, life long, relationship we unintentionally make with fear. Fear is the basis of all negativity. She suggests releasing (not suppressing), your negative emotions, during meditation, and then making a conscious effort, to no longer revisit them.

Gabrielle also talks about equalization amongst everyone. Letting go of all restricting comparisons or judgments, and imagining a light between you, and anyone else in the world. Teaching us all there isn’t anything one person can achieve, that we can’t.

If Gandhi found happiness in a state of starvation and disapproval, then we should be able to also.

I don’t expect anyone to never be in a bad mood. There are days I walk pass that positive thinking bowl, and I want to throw it right off the building, but I don’t. I just try to recognize how much time out of my day I’ve given to negative energy. If it’s been 10 minutes, I make sure it doesn’t turn into an hour, and if its been 2 hours, I make sure not to make it 3.

I try to smile constantly, and be a positive addition to people around me. The more people can count on you to be in a great mood, the more people will surround you!

Getting a really cute puppy works too! ;o)