Yoga: The gift that keeps giving.



Every time I practice yoga I learn something different. From breathing and form, to embracing gratitude in our everyday lives, there is always a new aspect to take away with me.

This week, I decided to change up my yoga practice. I tried Heat yoga on Monday, and Pilates on Wednesday. Every one’s body is different. It’s important to try new things, in order to find what postures work best for your body.

Most postures have numerous variations so find what works for you in your yoga practice. My advice is to keep track of your favorite poses, while constantly adding new techniques. This way your body never gets too comfortable with one workout. Try different classes, or watch Yoga DVDs to get inspiration.

Also, reflect on your workout. Take the last few minutes of savasana, (restoring pose) to think about what your grateful for, and what you enjoyed most during your practice.

Miss Caroline, read a quote on Wednesday about memories of gratitude and love stored in the heart. This quote is so true and it can be applied to anything. When you love something, you hold the memory in your heart, not in your mind. You’ll notice the difference in descriptive details when recalling a memory from your heart.

So keep your personal yoga practice in your heart. <3