Strawberry Cabernet Supergreens Salad




With summer in full swing, I’ve been craving a sweet berry salad.  I looked around online and went to one of my favorite websites; Door to Door Organics.  They had a great salad recipe with two of my favorite things-Cabernet and spinach!  Well, it’s not completely made with Cabernet, but Cabernet vinegar.  I changed some of the ingredients to fit my low glycemic and natural sweetener lifestyle.  

Check out my adaption:

Ingredients:
  • 10 ounces of loose leaf spinach
  • 1 cup strawberries, sliced
  • ¼ cups almonds
  • 1 organic lemon
  • 4 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
  • 1 tbs Agave Nectar
  • ¼ cups Cabernet vinegar (oh yeah, baby!)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
  • Black pepper, to taste

Puttin’ it Together
  • Place greens in a large bowl and add strawberries, feta cheese and almonds.
  • In a blender, combine vinegar, lemon juice, agave nectar, salt, and pepper.  Blend on high while slowly adding the olive oil.
  • Drizzle dressing over salad and toss.
  • Want protein?  Add some grilled chicken or shrimp

Enjoy!!