Tuna for Two:


Seared Tuna is my favorite, but ordering in a restaurant can be very pricey. The last restaurant I ate at had a seared tuna steak entrée for $28.00.
Prices like this inspire me to do it myself.

Last night, I made tuna for two, for less than $20, and it didn’t come out of a can =).

Ingredients:
Two Tuna Steaks $10.30
Two heads of Bok Choy $.88
One bag of organic corn chips $1.99
One Mango $1.49
Hass Avocado $2.29
Red Onion $1.43
Cliantro $.99

2 Teaspoons of Salt
3 Tablespoons of Grape Seed Oil
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil (any cooking oil works)
(and soysauce if you want)
First, I wash everything, fish included.
Preheat the oven to 300’
Dice the entire Mango
Dice about ¾ of the Onion (I used more, we’re big onion people here).





Empty and smash the entire Avocado.
My boyfriend bought me this avocado peel and
pitter, because I am OBSESSED with avocado.
Chop 3 pieces of cilantro. Cilantro has a lot of flavor, so it depends on your taste buds.


Mix everything together, with a teaspoon of salt, and a tablespoon of Grape seed oil, or olive oil.

Bok Choy is a vegetable. It tastes similar to escarole, with the texture of steamed fennel.
Place your Bok Choy on a large piece of aluminum foil. Mix two tablespoons of coconut oil, or olive oil, with two tablespoons of water and one tablespoon of salt. Poor this mini mix over your Bok Choy. Make a closed pouch with the tinfoil and place in the oven for 15 mins.
Now for the fun part, pour a tablespoon of oil into your pan. Turn the burner on high.
Poor the sesame seeds onto half the tuna steak. Once the oil starts popping, drop the tuna steak with the uncovered side facing up and step back!
I cover the second side with sesame seeds while its on the pan, but be careful.
Cook to your liking and repeat with the second steak.

That’s it! An easy healthy meal, for under $20, and its done in under $20 minutes.