OHC Week Three of the Elimination Diet Begins...

As week two of the elimination diet rounds out, I have a few reflections to share with you all. First I'll give you the lowdown about how the past week has gone for me. In two words: Pretty Awesome!!! I have felt darn good lately, other than the occasional bouts of grumpiness for being deprived of certain guilty pleasures!! But, alas, I am wholeheartedly connected with my reason for doing this which is to provide a testament for eating whole foods and healing your body naturally.

 Most notably, I've noticed a difference from not having caffeine. I never have that big zip of energy that caffeine provides, but I also don't have the crash. I am just more balanced lately without it. This has affected my mood a great deal while at work. The grumps tend to come on full swing when my energy level plummets and the people around me, well, let's just say they notice. This has evened out since I've been off the coffee during this time and hopefully they are noticing!! Ha! So, I do plan to enjoy coffee sometimes after the elimination diet is completed, but I'm going to do my best to keep it in check as not to burn the proverbial stick at both ends.

Next up, COOKING!! I love making all of my own food. Yet, it is consuming my life. When people say  they are too busy to make all these meals it definitely resonates with me. Certainly there are many ways around  cooking yourself three meals a day, such as, making large quantities to have over the entire week, making salads that only take a few minutes, blending up a green smoothie, or throwing together a quick veggie stir-fry. Honestly, it is never the cooking that takes the time for me! It's the flipping through pages of a cookbook and drowning myself in food blogs looking for the perfect thing to make!! I'm a little obsessed! But this is my passion and we all need a little passion...

In other news, I've had no reactions to the foods I've tested! Lemons, limes, and raw apple cider vinegar are all Sassy Shellie's system approved!! Woo!! I made guacamole today (sans tomatoes) and ate it with veggie slices!! Yes, I did want a tortilla chip but I still devoured the heavenly guac!!! And I'm addicted to sunflower seed butter on celery. Almonds and almond butter were the two things that I was most worried about not being able to snack on so I'm happy that they are easily replaceable with sunflower seeds.

In a few days I get to test some more foods. I can't decide if I want almonds or tomatoes first! I will probably go with almonds because they are staring me down in the pantry!!!

To close out I am gonna link you to a wonderful recipe for something sweet that has literally gotten me through these past two weeks. A treat that wards off the evil urge to eat a whole bag of Easter chocolate. Please try this deliciousness!!!
 Eat your heart out
 (I used organic coconut oil and didn't add any sweetener because it doesn't need it!!!)

Thank you so much for reading about my journey! I can't believe the hardest parts are behind me! 

Have you tried eliminating anything from your diet in order to feel your best??? If not, Spring is a WONDERFUL TIME to BEGIN!!!