The intention of the week at CPY, is charity. Charity is giving whole hearted and expecting nothing in return. Often times we do things for others, while expecting something in return. That isn't true charity because were waiting to be acknowledged. The truth is all the gratitude you need will show in yourself, and the way your charitable acts make you feel. Through out my life I have been blessed with so many people who have done wonderful things for me. People who have showed me, and continue to show me, the definition of whole hearted giving. In return I've learned to give myself. More recently, I've taken every opportunity I can to help anyone and everyone. It might be as simple as holding a door for someone, or having a friend over who needs a little company. These small things don't take much, but they make a huge difference in my day, and more importantly my character.
During YTT we've been doing Karma Yoga, which involves charity and giving back. We'll be at the Human Society in North Myrtle Beach later today if anyone wants to join!