Yogi G's Weekly Wisdom - My Yoga Path



The Yoga Path:  What I have learned along the way

This is the first of a weekly series of writings.  My goal with this blog is to share with you the insights I have learned through yoga and through my life experiences.  Hopefully each of you will be able to learn from me, from my insights and lessons learned.  All my life I have “chased tomorrow”.   I have tried to find that illusive source of happiness just around the next corner.   I have followed the path that most of us have taken, following our belief systems or preconceived notions of what will make us happy.   I can truly say, it was not until I began to follow the Yoga path that I found the stillness and peace within that I had been seeking all my life.   I found the secret to happiness was not in material possessions, or all the things we chase; career, success, social recognition, family, friends, religious affiliation, on and on. l found the secret to happiness can be discovered by turning inward, in stillness and self reflection, by following the teachings of others and through life experiences.  It may take a lifetime of living to find this secret, or it may come to us suddenly in a quiet moment.  Many ancient teachers have been down this path.  They have experienced life to the fullest, each and every day finding peace and joy, by living fully in the Present Moment and by accepting “what is”.  The secret of happiness is not found in what will come tomorrow, but must be found in what is today.

We are not the only ones to search for the secret to joy and happiness. Many have come before us.  We can learn from our teachers, both past and present.  For over 5,000 years of verbal and written history, mankind has searched for the secret of happiness.   So let us explore these teachings together and turn ourselves inward to find our “True Nature”.  Studying the ancient writing of the Sages (Spiritual Leaders) including Jesus, Patanjali, the Buddha, and many others who have illuminated our path, we can learn the lessons of gratitude, self love and joy that can only come by finding peace within.  May the joy of this day and the peace we find in acceptance of the present, be with you this day.   Namaste, Yogi G