Yoga in Schools



I just heard about junior high and high schools, adding Yoga classes to Physical Education. How awesome is this? I can’t even count how many times I wished gym class involved an activity I was actually interested in. 
Yoga can also be added to the list of after school activities. An increasingly high number of studios are dedicating time slots to pre- teen and teen Yogis. This helps working parents and it also helps teens meet and connect with their peers.
Yoga has already made such a huge impact on my life. I can only imagine how my life would have benefited if I started my practice in high school. After all it’s probably the most stressful four years of our lives. Practicing yoga helps kids learn to release tension, and anxiety at an early age. Studies also show a regular yoga practice can prevent mental illnesses which arise during teen years. 
So share your Asanas! Yoga isn’t just for you =) Take your kids, nieces, nephews, younger siblings. Help our youth launch their healthy lifestyle.
Yoga is our past, present, and future. Getting my certification is an amazing investment for me, physically, mentally, and financially. CPY’s teacher training is an opportunity for me to teach something I believe in and truly make a difference everyday. I can't wait until May!